3.04.2014

Cottage Style Party & A Tea Party



I was so inspired by last weeks tea parties, 
I decided to have my own.





Welcome to my tea party!


I went with a whimsical spring theme tea party.




I used mix and match pink dishes and tea cups. Yep, that's those tulip plates again!




Pink dishware on a vintage floral tablecloth.




A mix and match tea service with a silver-plate tea pot and pink rosebud cream and sugar.




This nest looks so sweet nestled in the Easter grass (from last year!) on the glass and silver-plate pedestal.




This little bunny has a flower for you!




The other little bunny looks like he's about to make a run for it.




The grocery store roses I usually buy have been replaced by purple tulips.




I love to mix and match vintage pieces!




I love when tulips start to fall all over…it's just so much more interesting than standing straight up.





Tea's ready!

How would you like yours?











Hello Friends!

Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party!

#86







How's everyone doing this week?


My to-do list is still the same length as last week but I did pull out all the parts to make a couple of lamps.
Then I put them away.

Clearly I need to ponder the process a little more before committing to a plan of action.
So, instead I threw a tea party (see above) which is a lot safer than playing with electrical!


I'm anxious to rake the leaves off my flower beds to look for signs of life. But it keeps snowing (again last weekend!) so I will impatiently wait a little longer.


Any signs of spring at your cottage?




Let's see what's going on at your cottage…









I just love the spring feel of this gorgeous table setting. This is so lovely with all the pink and green depression glass and that wonderful chandelier!


Stop over to Penny's blog Penny's Vintage Home to see all the details of her spring decorating. And don't miss the moss globe in the radish bowl!















This is a lovely example of how spring decorating doesn't have to be all about the flowers! I love the chicken wire cloche with topiary and the rustic urn with that adorable birds nest tucked into the branches.


Hop on over to Julie's blog Renaissance Mermaid to see the details of this vignette. And don't miss the bird in hand! So cute!
















A bird with a crown will always catch my eye! Not only does this wreath have those gems, but it's made of recycled paper, fabric and burlap hot glued to a grapevine wreath.
What's not to love?


There are even little treasures tucked in to discover on your own over at Abby's blog Abby's Way. Stop by and see if you can spot them!








If you were featured, don't
forget your button!

 Deb





























Thanks for stopping by!
Next 5 DaThanks for stopping by!
 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:








http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com





21 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, I love the dishes and those purple tulips are awesome! Love it all! The features are very pretty too. Thank you for hosting this week.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to attend the tea party. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deb, I wish there was a sign or two of spring here. Instead we got a big dumping of snow last weekend. It'll be a long time before we see the grass. Doesn't this seem like a really long winter?

    Love your tea party and your purple tulips are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, for sharing this delightful springtime tea part at Project Inspire{d}!

      Delete
    2. Don't get too excited Diane! Those tulips are not from my yard. It's still snowing here too…sigh.

      Delete
  4. Are the cream and sugar vintage majolica? They are darling! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my... those purple tulips are gorgeous! I'd love to sit down and have a cup of tea, Debi. Thanks for hosting. Have a great week. Autumn hugs from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little tea party and the colour of your tulip is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for featuring my spring tablescape this week! I'll be sure to grab a button and display it proudly on my sidebar...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your tea party - so springy and cheery. I believe I'll have a drop or two of honey in my tea, please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty mix and match tea table! I love your purple tulips. The nest looks sweet nestled in its grass and the bunnies are so whimsical. Thank you for sharing this with us and joining me for Tea Time. Enjoy your day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful spring table you have set. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Deb,
    Found your beautiful blog via Revisionary Life, Your tablescapes are beautiful. I like your mix & match of vintage items. Thanks for the inspiration. I've linked up my upcycled old frame that I added chicken wire and burlap to. Now following you here and on Pinterest.
    Doreen
    http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for featuring my wreath! Your Easter table setting is so sweet! Very pretty mix. Love the salt and pepper bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the spring bunny decorating. I didn't know you were hosting Cottage Style Party, I am going to have to think on an idea for this party, it sounds like my cup of tea !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Kathy! Stop by every week to celebrate cottage style!

      Delete
  14. Enjoyed your pretty tea party. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos! Thanks for hosting the Party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun party! Thank you for hosting. I love your purple tulips too!
    Thank you for joining in for FCF! :)
    I'm so glad you did!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do love the colors on your table. What a fun spot for a tea party, and I take mine with milk and sugar! Your vintage tablecloth is the cutest, by the way.

    Linking from Rose Vignettes,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!